Friday Focus

The faster I write the better my output. If I'm going slow, I'm in trouble. It means I'm pushing the words instead of being pulled by them. 
~Raymond Chandler

This week's quote is a good one.  I do better when I let go of expectations because, in my experience, the slower I go, the more I over-think things.  I've found that the best things come to me when I allow the words to flow from my fingers and onto the page.  Ultimately, whether or not it "works" or is perfect for that part of the story is irrelevant.  I'll have plenty of time to worry about that in the editing process, later.

2 comments:

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

I hear you. My first draft I need to get the story out. I slow up as I revise and polish. Oh what fun. ;)

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

This is random, but I love owls too! My daughter has an owl mobile above her bed and my sister makes cool things and sells them on her website, Owlily.com. Owlily is a character she and her friend created and they make all sorts of art out of her. Pretty cool.

So, anyway, all that said, I also have a soft spot for owls! :) Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

Amy