Sometimes

Sometimes, I sit and stare at the blog screen and try to think of cool things to say. Sometimes, I come up with stuff and run to the computer, type it all out, then schedule it as a post for later. And sometimes, I get awards and do a happy dance, spill my coffee, sit it down, then dance some more. Today is one of those days.

Thanks to L. Diane Wolfe at Spun on a Stick, I've received the Versatile Blogger award.



According to dictionary.com, the definition of versatile is capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, ect.: a versatile writer

Did you see that last word? Just checking.

It's the perfect award for me, I think, because typing whilst tweeting whilst drinking coffee whilst writing and whilst reading blogs is as versatile as a person can be.:) I don't get awards often, and I think the last time I got one, actually, I completely lost my mind and forgot to say anything about it. Whoops. (It's not my fault, people, I was depressed, but now that I'm Snippy Snuffulupakins I won't feel that way anymore.)

Anyway. Awards are awesome. I love them. I truly do. And one of the best parts of this award? I get to share seven things about myself. You, my readers, are lucky people. Who says Tuesdays aren't exciting?

Seven things about me that you probably didn't want to know but have no choice because you're reading this blog (or may know if you'll been following this for a while) are...

1) <---- Every time I do this now, I think of this post.

Where was I? Oh, Right. Number one.

1) I have a strange sense of humor. Lovemuffin knows this. Here's an example of what I mean:

Last night I was sitting in front of Henry (my laptop, for any newcomers out there), messing around on twitter. Every few minutes I'd start laughing, and finally he turned away from his Playstation/X-Box/Atari thing and asked what I'd found so amusing, to which I answered, still laughing, "Me!" (Actually his exact words were, "What's so funny?". I don't think I've ever heard him say "amusing". I thought amusing sounded better, so I changed it.)

So to summarize, my humor flies right over most people's heads, but I'm okay with that. At least my jokes amuse me.

2) I write in the dark. A lot. I can't go to sleep unless I write down everything that's swirling around in my head. This is a great habit, from a sleeping standpoint. However, it is dark, and therefore, some mornings I have no clue what I wrote the night before. Case in point:

DSC_1400.jpg picture by munchi5gal

Uh, WHAT? Oh well. At least I got a good night's sleep;)

3) According to Lovemuffin, I have ugly hands and feet. This is due to me being completely grossed out by the feel of any sort of oily, slimy anything (what you weirdos out there call "lotion"). Luckily, writers hands don't have to look good. Long as they can type and hold a pen, that'll do the trick.

4) I'm absent-minded. A little. It's a writerly thing, I think. Friday the girls and I were going to run a few errands, so I walked into the kitchen with my keys, grabbed my wallet, picked up my "free coffee" cards off the dishwasher (thanks, Honey!), walked over to the table, and I'd already lost all three cards and my keys.

The kids came running in the house, saying they were frying (why would they climb into the car during the summer without the keys?), and after going through my wallet ten times, I found the cards in a zipper pocket in my purse. Did I mention that the distance from the dishwasher to the table was no more than five feet? Oh, and the keys were hanging on my arm.

5) Grammatical errors are one of my pet peeves. Disclaimer: I am in know way saying that I'm good with grammer we all make mistakes once and a while but when your going to type words and your not tweeting or texting with a limited amount of characters the leest you can do is remember what you were taught in school

Simply put?

You're = you are
Their = a possessive form of the word they, it's not a place, over there.
Definitely is definitely spelled just like that.

For a longer list of my pet peeves (along with lovely illustrations), check out this *awesome poster* from The Oatmeal.

6) Here's a simple one. I love owls, the internet, and coffee. And Lovemuffin, and my beautiful girls. And writing, and my friends, and reading books, and watching movies.

7) Speaking of movies, I'm obsessed. No really. Ask anyone who's ever watched a movie with me. I have to explain who everyone is, what movies they've been on, what they wore thr past week, everything the actors and director said during the commentary, how different the book was compared to the movie.... The list goes on. And on. And on.

If you're still awake, that's seven plus who knows how many other things about me.

And now it's time to pass the torch. Are you ready?

Here are some bloggers who have entertained me lately. (There are plenty more, but after much deliberation, I decided to mention three.)

Simon C. Larter at Constant Revisions

Tahereh at Stir Your Tea


Again, thanks for the award, Diane! =)



4 comments:

Pamela Hutchins said...

Congratulations, you Versatile Blogger, you!

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Thanks! =)

sarahjayne smythe said...

Congrats on your award and great list. :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Those were funny!
And at your request, I discussed my characters' theme songs today.