The truth comes when you're really not thinking about it

“In quickness is truth. The more swiftly you write, the more honest you are. In hesitation is thought. In delay comes the effort for a style, instead of leaping upon truth which is the only style worth deadfalling or tiger-trapping.” ― Ray Bradbury

I came across this today, and it's so true. Sure, as you edit later on, you can go back and change things, but the real core of feelings and thoughts and whatnot comes best when you let go and write with all of your heart. That was definitely true for PIAO; during the times my heart was heavy, I could write for Jonas without even thinking, almost. The less I thought, the more the words came, and the faster I typed.

Just thought I'd share, because us writers get all brain-y about things sometimes, and it totally takes away from the process.

Have a blessed weekend you guys! :)

No comments: