April's Reader Interview with Eugenia, part one


Welcome to Reader Interviews, a monthly feature here at Let Me Tell You a Story.

 photo 99e7de32-6f77-46fd-aaf5-d3a9345f63b2.jpg
This month's reader is Eugenia from Chasm of Books! This the first of a two-part interview... come back tomorrow to read the second half (including advice on getting into reviewing if you've been thinking about it)!


Hi, Eugenia! Thanks so much for being this month's reader! :D

Thank you for having me! J

My pleasure! 

Along with last month's interviewee, you are also a co-blogger. Would you like to share how that came about?

Well I’d been writing reviews on Goodreads for a while and so I thought it would be a good idea to enter the realm of book blogging. Since I didn’t have any experience with it, I looked at some of the blogs I had started to follow to see if they were looking for co-bloggers, and came across the lovely Stephanie at Chasm of Books. I expressed my interest in getting involved, we started collaborating together and the rest is history!

What are your favorite two things about co-blogging?

Definitely having someone else to fangirl with over books you love and share ideas. As the saying goes ‘two brains are better than one’ and it’s great to see what the other person is posting about and you can work together to make the blog the best that it can be.

Was there a specific book or series that got you into reading? If so, what was it? Tell us what made it so special.

Ever since my parents read picture books to me as a child I had this fascination with books and the stories they could tell. I had a few different ‘phases’ of what really got me into reading, but the first set of books which I really loved was the Thora series by Gillian Johnson. I remember sitting and reading the books for hours at a time because I was so immersed in the story. After that I continued with the ‘mermaid phase’ with The Tail of Emily Windsnap before moving on to some historical fiction by Jackie French which I also really enjoyed.

I love to ask readers who their favorite male and female characters are and what made them stand out. Have you had any characters jump out at you more than usual recently, and if so, what about them made that happen?

This is a tough one! For male characters, Will from the Slammed series by Colleen Hoover is a stand-out for me. Not only can he write really beautiful poetry but he was a really caring character who put everyone else before himself which was really sweet. For females I’d have to say Penryn from Angelfall by Susan Ee – she was one feisty and witty character, and I loved how she made everyone know who was boss. Let me tell you, there were some great quotes to be found in that one!

Most recent book that made you laugh:

The Intern by Gabrielle Tozer – there were some really funny situations in that book and it was so much fun to read.

Name one character you'd never ever want to trade places with.

Liesel from The Book Thief – that book made me cry so much.

How about a character you'd hate to be stranded with on a deserted island?

Pretty much anyone from Beauty Queens by Libba Bray – I think they’d just really annoy me and not be much help when it comes to survival.

Loving your responses so far!

Come back tomorrow for advice on reviewing, Eugenia's favorite book cover of all time, and more!

Eugenia's bio:

Hi there, my name is Eugenia and - as you may have already guessed - I love books, reading and anything bookworm-related. I have two very cute little guinea pigs who love to lounge around all day and an ever-growing pile of books to read (but hey - you can never have too many books right?) I mainly read YA of any genre, from historical to science fiction and love getting to know authors to discuss their books with them. Being a teen blogger, book lover and fangirl, you’ll always find me with a book nearby!

Connect with Eugenia on Twitter | Goodreads | Chasm of Books



No comments: