August's Reader Interview, Part Two


Welcome to part two of this month's Reader Interview! Nikki W. from Fiction Freak is August's reader. If you missed yesterday's post, go here.



Welcome back, Nikki! :)

You’ve been a plethora of author signings. (I may or may not be jealous about this.) Which event was your favorite, and what made it so memorable?

Soooo...Teen Author Carnival was my first ever, but while I met a lot of my favorite authors there, it wasn't my favorite. Because I had NO IDEA WHAT THE HECK AN AUTHOR SIGNING WAS AND DID NOT BRING ANY BOOKS AND BARELY GRABBED SWAG BECAUSE I WAS JUST LIKE WHAT IS FREE STUFF.

Ahem. Sorry a bit angry at my little eleven year old self (40 authors. 40.)

But Teen Book Con definitely! It's annual and there are always at least 10 authors I'm dying to meet who are there. The first time I went, about 3 authors recognized me (whether because I tweeted them to the point of annoyance in excitement or because they were my friend isn't important, is it?) and I remember feeling absolutely SQUEALFUL.



Name an author who might not be as widely known, but whose work you truly enjoy.

Okay, so truth be told I've really only read about one book from the following authors but I'll pretty much read anything from them: Jennifer McGowan, Leila Sales, and Leslye Walton.



Is there a book you would love to see adapted into a movie that is not yet currently in the works? What element would you look forward to seeing most, and why?  

Throne of Glass! The Bone Season! How to Lead a Life of Crime! (If it's not a gorgeously vivid world...that they better get right, then a school for criminals sounds pretty promising, no?)



Name a book you didn’t think you would like, but ended up being pleasantly surprised by.

Keeper of the Lost Cities! It's a Middle Grade by Shannon Messenger and I'm not a huge MG fan, but HOLY CRAP I loved it. (Also Finnickin of the Rock because all the hype surrounding it and my not-so-much-love for Jellicoe Road.)

I just have to break in here and agree with Finnikin of the Rock because, FINNIKIN. (And even though I loved Jellicoe Road, I get why it wasn't for you. Now back to Finnikin... Ahem. Just kidding.)



If I recall, you used to save your favorite book quotes and hang them up (or was this someone else?). Do you have a favorite quote you would like to share? (If so, please tell us what book it is from and state the author.)

THAT WAS INDEED ME. (But I have since switched rooms so I should really start a quote wall again. Soon.)

But anyways. There are a ton of books that have gorgeous quotes. The Fault in Our Stars, The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender, The Storyteller, Impossible Knife of Memory. (ANYTHING BY LAUREN OLIVER OR TAHEREH MAFI .) But here's one (credited to William Shakespeare, but it turns out, not ): "When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew."



Worst ever cliffhanger (can be a series you have or have not yet finished):

Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire (SARAH J MAAS IS KILLER), Stolen (Okay so technically this is a standalone BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.) and Mark of Athena. (We've verified that Rick Riordan is indeed evil.)


Last question: Are there any books not yet released that you’re looking forward to this year?

Hmm. You don't want me to answer this question, do you? Because I have a list of 88 2015 books I need to buy. 


Thanks for being here, Nikki! Feel free to check out Nikki's blog, Fiction Freak, or talk to Nikki on Twitter!
Fiction Freak

About Nikki:

I’m a 14 year old Pisces who adores books and the blogosphere. My dream is to study abroad at either France or London and I’ve been self teaching myself French since I was 13, although I’m not very consistent about it lol. I’m a pretty crazy and insane person who sometimes gets philosophical. I get impulses at about 1 AM in the morning and act on them, though they usually die out. I’m a attempted YA writer who never really sticks to one project, so you can say I have a short attention span (although I always come back to the same project!) I’m obsessed with immortalizing my childhood memories and you could say I’m artsy and creative–although the creative part may be stretching it! And in the mean time, as I wait to become a psychologist or editor or whatever, I totally want to work in an indie bookstore! I SHALL WORK IN ONE ONE DAY!


No comments: