Waiting on Wednesday {74}: The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excursion



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine. This week's can't-wait-to-read pre-publication book is: The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excursion.


The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excursion



The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excurion

by Chris McCoy


Publication date: April 14th, 2015



From Goodreads:

It's Superbad meets Spaceballs in this hilarious extraterrestrial road trip!

Just a few days before prom, Bennett pulls off something he never imagined possible: his dream girl, Sophie, agrees to be his date. Moments afterward, however, he watches Sophie get abducted by aliens in the middle of the New Mexico desert.

Faced with a dateless prom (and likely kidnapping charges), Bennett does the only thing he can think of: he catches a ride into outer space with a band of extraterrestrial musicians to bring her back.

Can he navigate alien concert venues, an extraterrestrial reality show, and the band's outlandish egos to rescue his date in time for the big dance?

7 comments:

michellesminions said...

Superbad meets Spaceballs sounds amazing! It has a Hitchhiker's Guide vibe going for it, too. Great pick!

Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

My WoW

Alyssa Hamilton (Swept Away By Books) said...

Ohmygosh I had never heard of this before and it sounds fantastic! Great choice!

Alyssa from Swept Away By Books
My WoW

Unknown said...

This is a must read for me now!

Check out our WOW

Tressa @ Wishful Endings said...

The title alone cracks me up. :) Definitely sounds like a funny and creative story.

Here's my WOW.

CraftyOtakuReader said...

This book sounds really fun! I hope you enjoy it!

My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-unleashing-call.html

Krystianna said...

I recently heard about this one and it sounds really good! I love the cover & it just sounds like such a fun read. I'll have to pick it up when it comes out. I totally thought I was following you before but for some reason I wasn't, so I'm following you now! I Hope you have a great week. :)
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

The Book Rogue said...

Just the description makes me holler, but I so couldn't read this. I wouldn't be able to get any feeling besides hilarity out of it. I'm just not cut out for Sci-Fi like this. x)

My WoW