July's #ReaderInterview: Jasmine Pearl (@JasmineRaymundo)



  • Welcome back to a monthly meme here at Let Me Tell You A Story: Reader Interview! I met Jasmine on Twitter recently, and asked if she'd like to tell us about her faves! Good news: She said yes! :D So here she is!


  • 1. How long have you been reading YA?

    I think I started reading YA last November 2013. Almost all of my friends in senior highschool were wide readers and we loved talking about all the characters from the books we were reading. They influenced me, I guess. :D


    2. Have you ever bought a book based on cover love, alone? If so, what book was it?

    Yes, I did buy once because of cover love! It is My True Love Gave To Me by 12 authors. :D




    Um, yes, that really *is* gorgeous.


    3. You've just grabbed a book. What do you read first?

    Oh, I'll most probably check the back. I'm always reading the synopsis of the book. I also check the price of the book.


    4. Paperback, ebook or hardcover?

    OH. This question is very easy. PAPERBACK. I'm a paperback baby! Almost 95% of my books are paperbacks. They're cheaper and they're easy to carry!


    5. Go to page 83 of your current read. Find a sentence you like. Share it.

    I'm currently reading an ARC of Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. My fave sentence on this page + a teaser is: 

    Your message has been received and quarantined. Your message will be processed. Over.


    6. Do you have a favorite character? If so, who is it, and what makes them stand out above everyone else?

    Yes, I do have a favorite character and it is Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. She's such a rockstar to me. She's rad and caring. I love her archery skills. ;D


    7. Now, tell us about your favorite secondary character. What do you like about them? Would you rather meet them than your favorite main character? Why or why not?

    My favorite secondary character is Mara Dyer from the Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin. She is extraordinary. She's different. I don't want to spoil you but I'd recommend this trilogy to you, guys. I'd prefer to meet Katniss Everdeen + Peeta Mellark. ;D


    8. Name a book you didn't think you'd like very much, but were pleasantly surprised by.

    Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. I thought this book would gave me so much drama but I ended up loving it. It's family-oriented that's why I really loved this book so much. 


    9. Is there a book or series you'd love to be able to buy the soundtrack for?

    I think I'd buy the soundtrack of the Mara Dyer Trilogy. I hope there is. >_<


    10. Describe your favorite reading spot.

    I'm usually reading on the sofa. I have my laptop or phone with me. I barely read books on my bed because I tend to fall asleep. Whenever I see pillows, I always feel sleepy. :D


    11. Book that recently made you laugh:

    Ugh, I think I haven't read anything funny recently. I think Anna and the French Kiss made me laugh. You should go read it too. Etienne is < 3 


    12. All-time favorite YA title:

    Oh, this is difficult. I love all YA titles. They're all unique! ;D


    13. If you could choose one book not yet adapted to be a movie, what would it be? What element would you look forward most to seeing on the big screen?

    Mara Dyer! I really look forward to seeing "their" powers and the chemistry between Mara Dyer and Noah Shaw. 


    14. Favorite spine art:

    Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. #Covergasm to the max level. < 3 


    15. Name one character you'd never want to be stranded with on a desert island:

    I don't want to be stranded with Voldemort. Damn, I don't have any powers and wand. 


    16. What character would you never want to trade places with?

    Primrose Everdeen from The Hunger Games Trilogy. I don't want to..... cry. *I don't want to spoil you, guys*


    17. Favorite indie book:

    I think I haven't read much indie books lately. I'm not sure with my answer.


    18. Book not yet released you're looking forward most to reading:

    I'm so excited to read Winter by Marissa Meyer. (I haven't bought Scarlet and Cress yet.)




    About Jasmine:

    Hi! I'm Jasmine Pearl. I'm seventeen years old and I'm a second year college student taking up Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. I'm living in the Philippines and my hobby is bookstagramming, book blogging, and anything that involves books. If you like books, then I'd probably be your friend. :)

    Connect with Jasmine on Instagram | her blog | Twitter | Goodreads



    No comments: